Jonathan Pratt, of California, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Djibouti.
Mr. Pratt, a career member of the Senior Foreign Service, class of Counselor, currently serves as the Executive Assistant to the Under Secretary for Political Affairs for the State Department. Mr. Pratt has also held assignments as the Deputy Chief of Mission of the United States Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan, and as the Office Director for Pakistan Affairs in the State Department. He served earlier as the Political Counselor at the United States Embassy in Islamabad, as the Deputy Chief of Mission of the United States Embassy in Brazzaville, Republic of Congo, and as the Political and Economic Section Chief at the United States Embassy in Khartoum, Sudan.
Mr. Pratt’s other assignments include service at the United States Embassies in Angola, Jordan and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Mr. Pratt earned a B.A. from Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut and an M.A. from the University of California, San Diego. He is the recipient of the State Department’s James Clement Dunn Award for Excellence and the Director General’s Award for Reporting. He speaks Chinese, Arabic, French, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Senate Confirms Four Foreign Service Lists Including Two Pretty Thin Promotion Lists (Updated)Feb 2018
- Ambassador Larry Edward André Jr. — From Mauritania to Djibouti 2017
- U.S. Embassy Juba: 47 Troops Ordered to South Sudan, 130 Pre-Positioned in Djibouti 2016
- Photo of the Day: Machete de Djibouti 2016
- US Embassy Djibouti: Over 300 Americans/Family Members Evacuated From Yemen on 12 Ships, 1 Plane 2015
- US Embassy Djibouti Welcomes 140 American Evacuees From Yemen, Thanks India and Djibouti For Help 2015
- U.S. Embassy Djibouti to Close to the Public on Thursday, March 19 for Security Posture Review 2015
- Confirmations: Stuart Jones (Iraq), Robert Beecroft (Egypt), Thomas P. Kelly III (Djibouti 2014
- Officially In: Geeta Pasi to Djibouti 2011
Signed an MoU with Deputy Chief of Mission of US Embassy Jonathan Pratt to establish a Lincoln Corner at ITU pic.twitter.com/2ILSry7Wyw
— Umar Saif (@umarsaif) April 19, 2016
#US Embassy Deputy Chief of Mission Jonathan Pratt along with US Consul General Grace W Shelton visits the #historical Mohenjo Daro#tourism pic.twitter.com/rrDWYOYdTX
— Daily Times (@dailytimespak) February 24, 2017
You must be logged in to post a comment.