— Domani Spero
[twitter-follow screen_name=’Diplopundit’ ]
On July 15, the U.S. Senate confirmed the following executive nominations for the State Department:
- Robert A. Wood, of New York, a Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Minister-Counselor, for the rank of Ambassador during his tenure of service as U.S. Representative to the Conference on Disarmament.
Certificate of Demonstrated Competency -not available online at this time
President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts | December 12, 2013
- James D. Nealon, of New Hampshire, a Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Minister-Counselor, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Honduras.
Certificate-Nealon, James D – Republic of Honduras – 05-2014
President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts | May 1, 2014
On July 17, the U.S. Senate also confirmed the nomination of Ambassador David Shear as Assistant Secretary of Defense for Asian and Pacific Security Affairs in the Department of Defense. Ambassador Shear was most recently the chief of mission at the U.S. Embassy in Vietnam.
* * *
- Today at the SFRC: Crocker (IO), Lawson (ICAO), Wood (USCD) (diplopundit.net)
- Ambassador David Shear: From Vietnam to DOD’s Asian and Pacific Security Affairs (APSA) (diplopundit.net)
- Obama Taps Public Servants To Be Ambassadors (huffingtonpost.com)