Honored to swear-in Ambassador Molly Phee as Assistant Secretary for African Affairs. U.S. efforts to support democracy, security, and prosperity across the continent will be driven by @AsstSecStateAF Phee’s passion, creativity, and expertise. Welcome aboard, A/S Phee! pic.twitter.com/i5L54n7d3Z
— Under Secretary Victoria Nuland (@UnderSecStateP) October 1, 2021
Delighted that Ambassador Molly Phee will be serving as @AsstSecStateAF. She is an outstanding diplomat, and we are grateful for her dedication to @StateDept and public service. I look forward to seeing her initiative and leadership in action.
— Secretary Antony Blinken (@SecBlinken) September 28, 2021
Senate (Finally) Confirms Phee for Top State Department Africa Post
– Many Ambassadorial nominations continue to be blocked by @SenTedCruz & @HawleyMO.
– Director of @AfricaCDC Dr, John Nkengasong tapped by @Potus to lead @Pepfar https://t.co/mKqp1fSxRt
— Reed Kramer (@reedkramer) September 29, 2021
- U.S. Senate Makes Minor Dent in Logjam, Confirms Lewis (PM), Robinson (INL), Phee (AF), Medina (OES), Donfried (EUR)
- 2021 Nominations Caught in Cancún Cruz’s Senate Confirmation Blockage
- 2018 Trump to Nominate Career Diplomat Mary Catherine Phee to be Ambassador to Qatar
- 2016 @StateDept: Attack Not Specific Targeting of Americans Diplomats, #SouthSudan Guards “A Little Trigger-Happy”
- 2016 #SouthSudan Presidential Guards Target American Diplomats in Juba
- 2015 Confirmations: Adams (Finland), Phee (S.Sudan), Pettit (Latvia),Delawie (Kosovo), Kelly (Georgia), Noyes (Croatia)