13 Going on 14 — GFM: https://gofund.me/32671a27
On June 15, President Biden announced his intent to nominate Thomas R. Nides to be the next U.S. Ambassador to the State of Israel. The WH released the following brief bio:
Thomas Nides is a distinguished public servant and business leader. Nides was the State Department’s Deputy Secretary of State for Management and Resources from 2010 – 2013. Earlier, Nides was Morgan Stanley’s Chief Administrative Officer, Chief Operating Officer and Secretary of the Board, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Burson-Marsteller, in New York and the Chief Administrative Officer of Credit Suisse First Boston in Washington, D.C. Nides was Chief of Staff to the U.S. Trade Representative Micky Kantor, was Senior Advisor to Speaker of the House Thomas S. Foley, and earlier to House Majority Whip Tony Coelho. He currently serves on the boards of the Partnership for Public Service, the International Rescue Committee, the Atlantic Council and the Urban Alliance Foundation, and currently serves as the Managing Director and Vice Chairman of Morgan Stanley. He is a Member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the former Chairman of the Board of the Woodrow Wilson Center appointed by President Obama. Nides received his B.A. degree from the University of Minnesota. He is the recipient of the Secretary of State’s Distinguished Service Award.
If confirmed, Mr. Nides would succeed the bankruptcy lawyer David Friedman who was U.S. Ambassador from 2017-2021.
Democrats, Jewish groups welcome Tom Nides as Biden's pick for Israel ambassador https://t.co/FtrzoJNVyS
— Haaretz.com (@haaretzcom) June 16, 2021
NEW: Joe Biden is facing pressure over whom to nominate as ambassador to Israel — with camps forming in favor of either Tom Nides or Robert Wexler. https://t.co/24cWKd1Uty
— Nahal Toosi (@nahaltoosi) May 19, 2021
Tom Nides, Morgan Stanley’s vice chairman and a major Democratic fundraiser, says he’s all-in for former Vice President Joe Biden https://t.co/781UZWzcab
— Bloomberg Politics (@bpolitics) March 3, 2020
- Officially In: Thomas R. Nides to State Dept’s Management and Resources (D/MR) 2010
- Thomas Nides: to succeed Jack Lew as State’s Deputy Secretary for Management and Resources? 2010
- Trump Names David Friedman, Two-State Solution Critic as Next Ambassador to Israel Dec 2016
- Five Ex-U.S. Ambassadors to Israel Tell Senate Trump Pick David Friedman “Unqualified” For Post Feb 2017
- SFRC Hearing 2/16/17: David Friedman to be U.S. Ambassador to Israel Feb 2017
- Senate Bill to Slash Embassy Security Funds in Half Until US Embassy Jerusalem Officially Opens Jan 5.2017