The life of a blog has no certainty. In most cases, a blog has a lifespan better than that of a mayfly. A day. But most blogs do not make it longer than winter bees (six months). We have to-date survived through 26 winter bee seasons! So that’s amazing! Whatever is in the horizon, we are thankful to all of you who made these seasons possible. We are on the last few days of our eight-week annual fundraising. We are grateful to over 400 readers who pitched in since we launched a few weeks ago. If you care what we do here, and you are able to help, please see GFM: https://gofund.me/32671a27. We could use your support. ❤️❤️❤️ D!
On April 30, 2021, the State Department announced the appointment of Ambassador Daniel Smith to US Mission India as Chargé d’Affaires, ad interim.
Ambassador Daniel Smith, the Director of the Foreign Service Institute who recently served as acting Secretary of State and Acting Deputy Secretary of State, will be departing for New Delhi to serve as Chargé d’Affaires, ad interim. Ambassador Smith carries the highest Foreign Service rank of Career Ambassador.
Ambassador Smith’s appointment underscores the United States’ strong commitment to our partnership with the Government of India and the Indian people. He will spearhead close cooperation with India to ensure that our countries continue to advance our shared priorities, including overcoming the global pandemic.
The United States stands in solidarity with India, and Ambassador Smith is committed to working together with India in partnership.
“I look forward to joining the outstanding professionals at FSI & working w/ them to ensure we provide the best possible support for @StateDept's critical mission to advance our nation’s interests & represent the American people abroad.” -Amb. Dan Smith https://t.co/kGmMF3lB8I pic.twitter.com/DGjKI0XoiG
— Foreign Service Institute (@FSIatState) October 25, 2018
The American people stand united with India in the fight against COVID-19! Today, 125,000 vials of the antiviral drug Remdesivir arrived from the U.S. -the 4th relief shipment- and there are more life-saving supplies on the way. Thanks @USAID and @HHSGov for coord! #USIndiaDosti pic.twitter.com/Fz6mxmtY7P
— U.S. Embassy India (@USAndIndia) May 2, 2021
Thanks to @US_TRANSCOM, @AirMobilityCmd, @Travis60AMW & @DLAmil for hustling to prepare critical @USAID medical supplies for shipping. As I've said, we’re committed to use every resource at our disposal, within our authority, to support India’s frontline healthcare workers. pic.twitter.com/JLvuuIgV46
— Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III (@SecDef) April 29, 2021
- US Mission India Now on ‘Voluntary Departure’ for Family Members of USG Employees (Updated) April 29, 2021
- @StateDept Mum on US Mission India’s Covid Outbreak: Four FSNs Dead (Not Two), 100+ Positive Cases, What Else? (Updated) Apr 27, 2021
- VPOTUS Swears-In Ken Juster as New U.S. Ambassador to India Nov 2017
- Top White House Aide Kenneth I. Juster to be U.S. Ambassador to India Sept 2017
- Trump-Sharif TelCon Jolts World, India Issues Deadpan Response Dec 2016
- Two Ambassadors Ride an Armorless Autorickshaw in India Dec 2015
- India’s 4th most populous metro area turns into an island; USCG Chennai to close until Dec 7 Dec 2015
- Nepal-India Blockade Continues, USAID’s Programs Grinding to a Halt and the Ugly in the Horizon Nov 2015
- Ex-Gov Who Wanted Ambassadorship to India Just Got 5 of 18 Counts Thrown Out by Appeals Court Jul 2015