Posted: 3:52 am ET
According to the Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) of December 2009, the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) contained over 100 million visa cases and 75 million photographs, utilizing billions of rows of data, and has a current growth rate of approximately 35 thousand visa cases every day. The 2010 Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) Privacy Impact Assessment (PIA) describes (pdf) the CCD as “one of the largest Oracle based data warehouses in the world that holds current and archived data from the Consular Affairs (CA) domestic and post databases around the world.” The 2011 OIG report says that in 2010, the CCD contained over 137 million American and foreign case records and over 130 million photographs and is growing at approximately 40,000 visa and passport cases every day.
- CCD: Report Says Visa Processing Systems Pose Significant Challenges; Also Face User-Friendlessness? Nov 2015
- Was the Consular Consolidated Database (CCD) the main target of the twin hackers? Oct 2015
- CCD Visa Update: 22 Posts Accounting For About Half of the Global Visa Volume Now Reconnected June 2015
- State Dept Authorization Bill Mandates Security Breach Reporting, NSA Consultations –Can PenTest Be Far Behind? June 2015
- State Dept’s Consular Database Problems Dash Plans, Dreams … Also Cost Up to $1M/Day in California June 2015
- State Dept’s Overseas Passport and Visa Systems Hit By Glitch Again, Suspends Issuance June 2015
- State Department’s “Technical Difficulties” Continue Worldwide, So What About the CCD? Nov 2014
- Burn Bag: Consular Leadership Tenet #5: Something Seriously Wrong With the CCD. Communicate? Nov 2014
- State Dept Spox on outages at embassies: “separate”, “unconnected”, “unrelated” — wowie zowie!
- State Dept’s Critical National Security Database Crashes, Melts Global Travelers’ Patience (diplopundit.net)
- State Dept Answers FAQ on Ongoing Visa and Passport Database Performance Issues (diplopundit.net)
- State Dept/CBP Reportedly Announced Fix for Certain Applicants Ensnared By Visa Glitch Aug 2014
- OIG Review of Visa Lottery Snafu Details Failure of the Consular Bureau’s CST Office
- State Dept CA CIO Kirit Amin Rants on FSOs, Cronyism, Nepotism, “Doormats”… Two Days Later, Apologizes
- Inadequate Oversight of State Dept’s Consolidated Consular Database– Is This WikiLeaks Waiting to Happen, Again?