Posted: 1:38 pm EDT
[twitter-follow screen_name=’Diplopundit’ ]
Well, thank heavens not the Full Monty like the men of Sheffield but certainly with HRC presidential campaign chairman John Podesta, and with HFAC Dems attacking the watchdog and alleging bias, the Office of Inspector General is getting the works … the whole enchilada… the whole shebang … you get it. And we get to use the full monty in our blog post, teh-heh!!
But this is perplexing, if one wants a “more prestigious appointed position” we know where the kiss-assing is happening. Unless DIG DiSanto is running for national office, this charge doesn’t even make sense.
This started last year, and will only continue to get louder.
The State Department was asked about this on March 2 and here is the official response:
QUESTION: Does the inspector general’s office have the confidence of the current leadership in the State Department, including the Secretary? And do you think it’s appropriate for the campaign to be complaining?
MR TONER: Well, as you know, the inspector general’s office operates independently from the State Department – rightfully so, given their mandate to look into these kinds of issues. They need to have that kind of freedom. But I believe the Secretary has every confidence in the inspector general’s ability to carry out his mission. I’m just – I haven’t seen those specific allegations, but I doubt we’d really comment on them given that the IG’s role is really to operate independently, look into the – whatever matters they’re looking into.
QUESTION: Well, I guess the question is: Does the building share the – given that it is an independent operation and you do not speak for them, does the Secretary, does the building —
MR TONER: But I did say – I said the Secretary has confidence in the inspector.
QUESTION: Yeah. So you do not share the same concerns as Mr. Podesta?
MR TONER: Again, we have confidence in his abilities to conduct independent investigations.
- Let’s dispel this fiction that an Obama appointed Inspector General is on “fishing expeditions”
- It Took Awhile But Here It Is — Going After @StateDept OIG Steve Linick With Fake Sleeper Cells
- @StateDept Politely Tells Inspector General to Um … Buzz Off
- Why didn’t the State Dept have a permanent IG from 2008-2013? Late, but a senator wants to know.
- Clinton Email Challenge Now a Sharknado, and Secretary Kerry Is Right to be “Concerned”
- Rabbit Hole News: State Dept’s Private Email Usage Policy, Plus Attn: State/OIG – Firecracker Coming Your Way
- Senate Confirms Steve Linick; State Dept Finally Gets an Inspector General After 2,066 Days