One of our donors recently wrote to say that we are performing “an invaluable service” but that as a former FSO, our blogposts have often left him dismayed.
We wrote to thank him for his support and apologize that we have often been the bearer of not so happy news. We like to think of this as a mission to keeping it real.
For those who’ve been with us for quite a bit, it is no secret that we write about the good, the bad and the ugly. So why do we write/publish stuff that you can’t read in the official or trade publications?
- US Mission Mexico: First Person from a Border Post
- State Dept’s Bureau of Neglected Disease – Dengue+Encephalitis, What Help Is There?
- State Dept Releases New 3 FAM 4170 aka: The “Stop The Next Peter Van Buren” Regulation
- Is State/OBO’s Intense Focus on Design Excellence Driving Engineering Employees Away?
- 2014 Foreign Service Promotion Results By Gender & Race Still Behind the Great Firewall of State
- False 360 Feedback Input in a Denial of Tenure Case Makes It to the Grievance Board
There’s a good reason for that.
Real life is not like the glossy pages of an in-house magazine. If the American public only reads about the successes and the fun stuff, it will have a skewed view about what still remains a misunderstood institution. And when we only hear the happy talk, well, it disrupts the order of the universe. As they say, if the pendulum swings one way, it must always swing back the other way. In monitoring the worldwide available universe, we see yin and yang, the oscillations, the back and forth swings of life.
So we are on a mission on looking at life, the way it is, without goggles and often times with loose ends, with questions but no answers. It’s not for every one; some folks may not necessarily want to read what we write, but it’s a free country, we’re fine with that.
We’re the last stop in this corner, come by for a chat, hang around, poke us to help us do better, and we’ll try not to bore you to tears.
A quick GFM II update — we’ve reached the 3rd week mark today with $9,461 of $34k or 28% of our set goal. We still have 5 weeks to go and the highs and lows are to be expected. We’ll see where we are when we reach the halfway mark at the end of next week.
Thanks for sticking with us! — D
We’re at GFM Go Diplopundit until March 10, 2016.