Via Burn Bag:
“Dear Ms. Higginbottom: It is now 2016. On behalf of all of the working mothers and fathers out there expecting babies or going through the obstetric medevac process, please release the 2015 pregnancy ALDAC.”
Ms. Higginbottom called out in this Burn Bag entry is the State Department’s Deputy Secretary for Management and Resources, the agency’s 3rd highest ranking official. For readers who are not in the FS (Hi, FSOs’ moms!), an ALDAC is an acronym for “All Diplomatic and Consular Posts.” They are cables (electronic telegrams) sent by the Department of State to every U.S. Government outpost around the world. Read more here.
It looks like the State Department last sent a comprehensive guide for Foreign Service employees and family members who have questions about leave, medical evacuation to the United States and to locations abroad, and other pregnancy-related issues in 13 STATE 101508, an ALDAC dated 7/10/2013.
Don’t know why the 2015 ALDAC is reportedly held up at the 7th Floor. The FAM sections have been updated in July last year, and most recently in November 2015. The changes include a series of updates on the Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993 and a slew of changes on use of leave. But it does not look like there are many changes on medical travel particularly 16 FAM 315.2 which covers Travel for Obstetrical Care which has not been updated since July 2012.
- 3 FAM 3530 THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT OF 1993 (FMLA) (11/03/2015)
- 3 FAM 3531 AUTHORITY (11/03/2015)
- 3 FAM 3533 APPLICABILITY (11/03/2015)
- 3 FAM 3532.2 RESPONSIBILITIES (11/03/2015)
- 3 FAM 3534.1 LEAVE ENTITLEMENT (11/03/2015)
- 3 FAM 3534.4 STACKING LEAVE (11/03/2015)
- 3 FAM 3534.5 SUBSTITUTION OF PAID LEAVE (11/03/2015)
- 3 FAM 3534.6 ADVANCE NOTIFICATION TO INVOKE FMLA (11/03/2015)
- 3 FAM 3412 GENERAL (07/02/2015)
- 3 FAM 3516.3 EXTENDED LWOP (07/02/2015)
- 3 FAM 3516.1 LWOP REQUESTS (07/02/2015)
- 3 FAM EXHIBIT 3420 SICK LEAVE USAGE (07/02/2015)
- 3 FAM 3428.1 RESTRICTIONS ON ADVANCE OF SICK LEAVE (07/02/2015)
- 3 FAM 3428 ADVANCED SICK LEAVE (07/02/2015)
- 3 FAM 3414.2 REQUESTING AND APPROVING ANNUAL LEAVE (07/02/2015)
- 16 FAM 221 MEDICAL CLEARANCE REVIEWS (12/02/2015)
- 16 FAM 315 TYPES OF MEDICAL TRAVEL (12/10/2015)
- 16 FAM 316 TRAVEL OF ATTENDANTS AND FAMILY MEMBERS (12/10/2015)