Posted: 1:15 am EDT
[twitter-follow screen_name=’Diplopundit’ ]
— AJE News (@AJENews) September 28, 2015
— joanne mariner (@jgmariner) September 28, 2015
— OSAC (@OSACState) September 28, 2015
Excerpt from the Warden Message:
Violence and looting continued on September 27 and into September 28 in Bangui. We are receiving reports that many roads remain blocked, including the road to the airport; weapons continue to be discharged by armed persons; and large crowds are forming in several locations in the city of Bangui. U.S. citizens should continue to shelter in place and avoid any non-essential movements. The U.S. Embassy in Yaounde has been designated to provide consular services for U.S. citizens currently remaining in CAR. U.S. citizens who are in Bangui should contact Embassy Yaounde at (237) 22220-1500 to report their location. If you are working for an NGO or international organization, please include that information.
U.S. citizens who have decided to stay in CAR despite the travel warning should regularly review their personal security situation. Embassy Bangui cannot provide consular services to U.S. citizens in CAR at this time. U.S. citizens in need of assistance should contact the U.S. Embassy in Yaounde, Cameroon.
Secretary Kerry announced the resumption of limited operations at the U.S. Embassy in Bangui on September 15, 2014. U.S. citizens in need of routine assistance are advised to contact the U.S. Embassy in Yaounde, Cameroon by email to YaoundeACS@state.gov.
- U.S. Embassy Bangui Resumes Operations With Chargé d’Affaires David Brown
- U.S. Troops Deploy to C.A.R. For Resumption of Operations at U.S. Embassy Bangui
- US Embassy Bangui: 15% Danger Post With Terrifically Bad Trimmings, It’s Not Alone –Wassup Cairo?
- After reopening in 2005, U.S. Embassy Bangui suspends operations. Again.
- Danger Danger, Bang Bang — State Department Eyes Changes in Danger Pay
- Post Evacuations FY2013, FY2014, Plus Consular Emergencies Funding Request for FY2016
- New Danger Pay Differential Posts: See Gainers, Plus Losers Include One Post on Evacuation Status