Posted: 12:40 pm EDT
[twitter-follow screen_name=’Diplopundit’ ]
Secretary Kerry and his dog, Ben F. Kerry attended the Take Your Child to Work Day ceremony at the State Department today. Secretary Kerry said he wanted to “take a moment to maybe answer any questions that some of you have, which is always very, very dangerous – (laughter) – and could put my entire job at risk.” So the Foreign Service kids get to ask their parents’ boss a few questions during the Q&A:
- When do you have time to relax?
- What do you do as your job?
- Why do you have to wear suits to work?
- Is it fun being Secretary of State?
- When did you get your dog?
- Is this your first time being Secretary of State?
- What is your favorite sport?
- What inspired you to be the Secretary of State, and what age did you decide?
- How tough was it to become what you are?
- Do you like to do chores?
— Benjamin F. Kerry (@DiploMutt) April 22, 2015