— Domani Spero
[twitter-follow screen_name=’Diplopundit’ ]
That did not take long. On June 25, the SFRC cleared President Obama’s nominees for Iraq and Egypt. Today, the U.S. Senate confirmed the nominees for those two posts:
Stuart E. Jones, of Virginia, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Iraq; Confirmed: 93-0
Robert Stephen Beecroft, of California, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Arab Republic of Egypt (voice vote)
Yesterday, the Senate also confirmed the nomination of our next ambassador to Djibouti:
Thomas P. Kelly III, of California, a Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Minister-Counselor, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Republic of Djibouti.
* * *
- US Mission Iraq: Now on Partial “Temporary Relocation” To Basra, Erbil & Amman (Jordan) (diplopundit.net)
- Obama nominates new American ambassador to Egypt (dailynewsegypt.com)
- Obama nominates new US Ambassador to Iraq (iraqinews.com)
- SFRC Clears Ambassadorial Nominees for South Korea, Honduras, Qatar, Egypt, Iraq, Vietnam, Algeria (diplopundit.net)
- US to appoint ambassadors to Egypt, Iraq and Qatar (dailystar.com.lb)
- US expected to tap Iraq envoy for Cairo (backchannel.al-monitor.com)
You must be logged in to post a comment.