— Domani Spero
[twitter-follow screen_name=’Diplopundit’ ]
Via US Embassy Mongolia:
On May 23, 2014, U.S. Embassy Ulaanbaatar held a welcome ceremony to institute the first ever U.S. Marine Security Guard detachment in the Embassy. Ambassador Piper Campbell expressed her delight at having Marines serving at the Embassy Ulaanbaatar. The Ambassador concluded her speech with a quote from 1885, “The Marines have landed and the situation is well in hand.”
U.S. Marine Corps Staff Sergeant Adam Zybert thanked the Embassy for the work in preparing for the Marines’ arrival. He quoted Ronald Reagan “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don’t have that problem”, and continued “If President Reagan were still here today, I believe he would say the U.S. Embassy Ulaanbaatar does not have that problem either”.
As part of the ceremony, the Marine Security Guards presented the colors for the raising of the flag in the Embassy compound.
* * *
- Virginia-based Marines headed to Libya (wavy.com)
- Additional Embassy Guards Will Come With a Steep Price (democraticunderground.com)
- News story: Mongolia’s first Darts Premier League (gov.uk)
- Second Christmas Without Families For Executives In Mongolia (forbes.com)
- Mongolia: Ulaanbaatar’s Last Green Spaces Up For Grabs (eurasiareview.com)
- Mongolia: New Heating Technology Struggles To Combat Pollution Scourge (eurasiareview.com)
- Partnership between Alaska, Mongolia strengthened by common cause (dvidshub.net)
- Some lessons from Mongolian diplomacy (eastasiaforum.org)
- Mongolia’s confident new strategy towards prosperity (eastasiaforum.org)
You must be logged in to post a comment.