— Domani Spero
The Senate confirmations of the Obama nominees continue to trickle down. Ambassador LeVine’s nomination was announced on January 30, 2014 and she was confirmed by the full Senate on May 1st. Ambassador Selfridge who moved from the WH to the State Department was nominated in December 2013. Ambassador Hamamoto was nominated in August 1, 2013 and had waited over nine months for her Senate confirmation.
- May 01, 2014 | Suzan G. LeVine, of Washington, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Swiss Confederation, and to serve concurrently and without additional compensation as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Principality of Liechtenstein.
- May 05, 2014 | Peter A. Selfridge, of Minnesota, to be Chief of Protocol, and to have the rank of Ambassador during his tenure of service.
- May 08, 2014 | Pamela K. Hamamoto, of Hawaii, to be Representative of the United States of America to the Office of the United Nations and Other International Organizations in Geneva, with the rank of Ambassador.
* * *
- Filling seats: Obama childhood friend confirmed (washingtonpost.com)
- Obama Taps Friend, Fundraiser For Key Posts (huffingtonpost.com)
- Officially In: Peter A. Selfridge – From WH to State Dept’s Chief of Protocol (diplopundit.net)