— Domani Spero
On February 11, the U.S. Senate confirmed the following executive nominations for the State Department:
- State/Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs (R)
Richard Stengel, of New York, to be Under Secretary of State for Public Diplomacy
- State/Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights (J)
Sarah Sewall, of Massachusetts, to be an Under Secretary of State (Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights)
- State/Economic and Business Affairs (EB)
Charles Hammerman Rivkin, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Economic and Business Affairs).
Previously on February 6, the Senate also confirmed the nomination of Max Sieben Baucus, of Montana, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the People’s Republic of China.
* * *
- Kerry names Sarah Sewall as Tibet special coordinator (thehindu.com)
- Obama Nominates Richard Stengel to the State Department’s Public Diplomacy Bureau (diplopundit.net)
- US Mission France: Ambassador Rivkin Departs Paris For State Dept’s Econ and Biz Bureau (diplopundit.net)
- Senate confirms Obama nominees at State and Veterans Administration (washingtonpost.com)
- China refuses to recognise US special coordinator for Tibet (thehindu.com)