— Domani Spero
On February 12, 2014, the U.S. Senate confirmed the following executive nominations for the State Department:
- Anthony Luzzatto Gardner, of New York, to be Representative of the United States of America to the European Union, with the rank and status of Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary.
- Tina S. Kaidanow, of the District of Columbia, a Career Member of the Senior Foreign Service, Class of Minister-Counselor, to be Coordinator for Counterterrorism, with the rank and status of Ambassador at Large (State/CT)
- Catherine Ann Novelli, of Virginia, to be an Under Secretary of State (Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment) State/E
- Robert A. Sherman, of Massachusetts, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Portuguese Republic.
- Daniel Bennett Smith, of Virginia, to be an Assistant Secretary of State (Intelligence and Research) State/INR
* * *
- Up All Night to Do Nothing (swampland.time.com)
- Senate “Nuclear” Fallout Snares State Department Nominees (diplopundit.net)
- Here Comes the Sun: U.S. Senate Confirms A Slew of New Ambassadors as It Runs Out the Door (diplopundit.net)
- Appointments: Beers may go to White House, Kaidanow for State CT (backchannel.al-monitor.com)
- Senate Pulls All Nighter on Post-Nuclear Nominations (swampland.time.com)
- Obama’s new picks for top jobs (washingtonpost.com)