The Daily Beast has a new addition to the Susan Rice, please let this be over story already. It’s titled, Susan Rice’s Personality ‘Disorder’. Is it just us or are folks trying to outdo themselves with their Susan headlines? We fear that the longer this runs, the more outrageous the headlines will be; so they’ll get our attention despite cruising towards some darn cliff, of course. While it is not surprising that this is a hallway conversation over in Foggy Bottom, we’re still struck by this: (excerpt):
George W. Bush, had flouted longstanding tradition and downgraded the U.N. job to sub-cabinet status, but President Obama restored it to cabinet rank for Rice—thus insuring intense bureaucratic rivalry between the U.S. Mission in New York and the State Department in Washington, where various career foreign-service officers view the prospect of Rice’s takeover with suspicion.
“It’s the hallway conversation,” says a longtime State Department staffer. “It’s like, Jesus Christ, woe unto us all if this happens!”
Indeed, Rice has apparently left a trail of bruised egos and injured feelings in the nation’s capital. A veteran of the Clinton White House recalls a junior aide being summoned by Rice, then director of Africa policy at the National Security Council, and returning to his desk in tears.
It’s like, Jesus Christ, must be more than just bruised egos!
How come this makes us think of our favorite resident from the Foggiest Bottom?
- Foggy Bottom Farce – Analysis (eurasiareview.com)
- Foggy Bottom Race: And the next Secretary of State is ….well, go ahead and speculate (diplopundit.net)
- Foggy Bottom Race: The Susan Rice Noise Gets Louder, Thanks to Senator McGrouchy (diplopundit.net)
- Susan Rice and the Modern Secretary of State (swampland.time.com)
- FOCUS | Secretary of State Al Gore? (readersupportednews.org)
- The Post-Election Project: The Establishment Pillories Susan Rice (businessinsider.com)