The U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations will have the confirmation hearings of the ambassadorial nominees for Iraq, Tajikistan and the Maldives on Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 10 am at Senate Dirksen 419.
The nominees scheduled to appear before the SFRC are:
- The Honorable Michele Jeanne Sison
of Maryland, to be Ambassador to the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka and to serve concurrently as
Ambassador to the Republic of Maldives
- Mr. Brett H. McGurk
of Connecticut, to be Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq
- Ms. Susan Marsh Elliott
of Florida, to be Ambassador to the Republic of Tajikistan
Videos and prepared testimonies of the nominees will be available here hopefully by Wednesday.
- Officially In: Michele J. Sison, from Iraq to Sri Lanka and the Maldives (diplopundit.net)
- Officially In: Brett H. McGurk, from Senior Advisor to Iraq Ambassadorship (diplopundit.net)
- Officially In: Susan Marsh Elliott – from SCA Bureau to Tajikistan (diplopundit.net)
- Tajikistan blocks Facebook, news sites (zdnet.com)
You must be logged in to post a comment.