On April 12, Secretary Clinton and Canadian Foreign Minister Baird placed a friendly hockey bet in Washington. D.C.
On April 27, Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird makes good his bet with Secretary Clinton and wore a Rangers jersey in the Foyer of the House of Commons in Ottawa.
Here is a brief statement:
The Ottawa Senators lost a heartbreaking Game 7 in their series against the New York Rangers on Thursday night.
The wager between Clinton and Baird was made when they met with their G-8 counterparts in Washington, D.C., earlier this month.
Baird also congratulated the Senators on their success this season in the House of Commons during today’s Question Period.
- Senators vs. Rangers Stanley Cup series takes nationwide scale (rt.com)
- Rangers Hold off Senators in Game 7, 2-1 (abcnews.go.com)
- Rangers nip Senators to take Game 7 (calgaryherald.com)
- Rangers hold off Senators in Game 7, 2-1 (miamiherald.com)
- NHL Preview: New York Rangers-Ottawa Senators Game 7 (sportsinvasion.net)
- Rangers knock out Senators in Game 7, advance to meet Capitals in 2nd round (thehockeynews.com)
You must be logged in to post a comment.