COMMITTEE ON FOREIGN RELATIONS
UNITED STATES SENATE
March 25, 2009, Wednesday
Time: 9:30 A.M.
Place: 419 Dirksen Senate Building
Presiding: Senator Kerry
Senator Kerry’s Opening Statement
Senator Lugar’s Opening Statement
(Note: this is the posted statement but this is not the one he delivered for Hill’s hearing; will post correct one when website corrects it)
The Honorable Christopher R. Hill
to be Ambassador to the Republic of Iraq
Career Member of the U.S. Foreign Service. Most recently Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs (EAP) and Head of the U.S. delegation to the Six-Party Talks on the North Korean nuclear issue.
Now on live stream from C-SPAN.org
- President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts 3/11/09
- Why Chris Hill should be in Iraq by Senator John Kerry
(Politico, 3/25/09 4:53 AM EDT)
- Do You Like Senate Holds and Jams?
- Senator Brownback: Baghdad is Waiting
- Tempest on the Hill Over Christopher Hill’s Nomination?
- Officially In: General Eikenberry, Hill and Other Nominees
- Officially In: Chris Hill to Baghdad
- Our Inheritance: Bush’s True Legacy