– Domani Spero Follow @Diplopundit
USA Network announced on May 8 the cast-contingent pilot pickup for the hour-long original drama series STANISTAN (Universal Cable Productions) for the 2014-2015 television season. Here is a brief description:
STANISTAN follows the staff at the American compound in the Middle Eastern country of Stanistan, where State Department workers, covert CIA officers and journalists operate in a delicate balance of danger and silliness using every coping mechanism available. From Universal Cable Productions, STANISTAN is written by Andy Parker, who is also supervising producer. Richard Scarth, Mary Louise Vitelli and Maureen Ryan (“Project Nim”) serve as co-executive producers. Steve Scheffer is executive producing.
Active link added above. Danger + silliness = a dramedy?
We don’t know what a cast-contingent order means. Apparently, according to Mr. Googles, it means that all that stands between a script and a green light is finding actors that the network approves of to fill the lead roles. These orders are handed out to pilots when the network determines that the right lead can make or break a show. No news yet on who will be the lead stars.
We hope they’ll have @ElSnarkistani as consultant, that’s all.
* * *
- USA Orders ‘Stanistan’ Pilot, Unveils Projects with Jodie Foster, Carlton Cuse, Peter Tolan (variety.com)
- Kazakhstan should double down, not cut and run (aei-ideas.org)
- USA Announces New Projects from Amy Poehler, Jodie Foster and Lost’s Carlton Cuse (tvguide.com)
- USA Slate Includes Projects From Jodie Foster, Jessica Biel and Carlton Cuse (thewrap.com)