The 100% Condom Use Campaign launch in Vietnam late last year was very festive, with banners, singers, and dancers. Best of all, there were walking blue condoms with Men in Black shades! And there were white condoms in cute tiny blue shoes. Really cute!
Condoms! They remind me of somebody …. somebody talking a lot about contraception and sexual ethics around the campaign trail:
“One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country [...] Many of the Christian faith have said, well, that’s OK; contraception is OK. It’s not OK. It’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be.”
GOP Presidential Candidate
Via USAID Vietnam/Flickr
Uh-oh! Uh-oh! These folks are getting a “license to do things in a sexual realm.” Thank god they’re Vietnamese!
- Senator Jokes About Rick Santorum And Condoms (buzzfeed.com)
- Mitt Romney Condoms (weeklyworldnews.com)
- Karen Santorum Promises Rick Will ‘Do Nothing’ On Contraception (thinkprogress.org)
- Santorum: ‘Of course’ I’d consider being Romney’s running mate – Fox News (foxnews.com)
- Being a pill about the pill? Santorum vs US views (newsok.com)
- Growth in World Contraceptive Use Stalling; 215 Million Women’s Needs Still Unmet (treehugger.com)
- Android Phones And Condoms Often Share The Same Name (gizmodo.com.au)